19 September 2009

A magic Saturday on The Clarence ...

My Saturday crew had to pull out so I headed off to the Big River Sailing Club minus crew. I needn't have worried, Saturday is club day and there was no shortage of takers.



Before lunch I went out with Adrien and his twin 5 year old sons. Adrien owns a 44 ft yacht which he has sailed half way round the world. My afternoon crew owns a 20 ft cruising catamaran. Both these skippers were impressed with Little Dragon's responsive performance.

It was one of those magic days when everything was just right: fine sailing breeze 10 -12 knots, sunshine but not too hot or humid, no mozzies, camaraderie on board and in the clubhouse, no equipment failures and no major blunders on my part.

The new sails look very smart but as the first photo shows the luff is slack. The sail maker is going to put in an extra cringle so that I can fit a Cunningham. With luck next time it will be a photo of a taut luff.


This photo shows off the new jib and its furler.

By late afternoon everyone drifted off home and I settled in to enjoy the mozzie free dusk aboard Little Dragon accompanied by a glass (or two) of red wine and a very palatable sachet of rice and vegetable curry that just needed heating up.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: