15 December 2012

Another go at single handed sailing


Saturday  15th December was BRSC's Xmas party and social sail. Usually the juniors enjoy being towed up and down the river on rubber rings behind the rescue launch. This year I suspect that they were rather put off by the flotillas of large white jellyfish in the river. The seniors (mostly Ancient Mariners) seemed far more interested in relaxing on the deck over an excellent lunch than social sailing. I suppose I shouldn't critisise as they have been racing every single Saturday afternoon for months. So as I couldn't find anyone keen to crew I decided to head off single handed. There was only a light breeze. I really enjoyed myself but I agree with comments Colin made later that Little Dragon could be modified to make single handed sailing easier.
 On Sunday Nicky came down for the day with her mother Joy who is visiting from England. Like the day before after a very hot and still morning a light breeze sprang up in time for a gentle afternoon sail. Nicky's mother is a seasoned yachtswoman having sailed round the world with her husband some years ago.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: