01 September 2012

Pretty chilly for first day of spring

Cathy Jones and Jill Trevillian
The last week of winter was glorious, balmy and sunny. I was looking forward to sailing on the first day of spring. Unfortunately although it was sunny and there was a pleasant light breeze there was also a very wintry chill in the air.
Cathy hasn't stacked on weight, there is a PFD under the jacket!
Cathy and Jill came down to Harwood for a Saturday afternoon sail and all went according to plan. We zoomed up and down the river keeping well clear of the BRSC's racing. The conditions were just right for my crew to handle Little Dragon leaving me standing comfortably out of the wind inside the cabin with my head emerging just far enough to issue the occasional skipper like command.


Jill and Cathie headed home after enjoying the BRSC championship afternoon tea. I decided to camp overnight in Little Dragon and leave the following morning after chores like charging the battery. Big mistake. Well before dawn my feet turned into blocks of ice as the temperature crashed to single digits. I find that down at Harwood  the cliche that every cloud has a silver lining is always true. Just before I turned in for the night a huge orange full moon rose over the river.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: